Thursday, February 19, 2009

Balance

If there's one thing that's been consistently on my mind throughout the past several months, it's been the subject of balance. So many roles and tasks to balance with seemingly little time to fulfill all the responsibilities. That's why I've been absent from the blog-world for so many months now. I had decided to cut myself off from email and blogs and the like. My goal was to simplify, simplify, simplify... to whittle away at the extraneous things in my life and start from scratch again, so to speak. It was liberating.

Yet I've come out of that time realizing that, for me, it's a balance. It's not an all-or-nothing thing. So, here I am again with a desire to have a place, or a space, in which to dig a little deeper into everyday life and grapple with some of the injustices that lie beneath the surface. A little corner of the world in which to process my observations and explore my faith in the context of living in this world.

So, for those of you who were starting to follow my musings and wondered what happened to me, I'm back. I plan on posting a bit more regularly now, so I hope you'll follow along with me on the journey. And I'd love to hear about your thoughts along the way, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - balance is such a difficult thing to find, and I think the line keeps moving so no sooner do you think you have it figured out, and it changes! Good for you for stepping back into the cyber-world - I for one am glad to see you here!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Kelly, for encouraging me to continue on here!