Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taste and See

Christ is Risen! And life is bursting forth all around us as spring has finally arrived. I've spent some wonderful times with my family in the natural world recently, grateful for all of the beauty that is unfolding. To me, there is nothing better than spending some time in the woods, away from the busyness and cares of this world, to experience renewal and joy.

Watching my children interact with the natural world is also a reminder to me of how we often make life so complicated, when it is the simple things that can bring us the most joy. Often times, our walks are rather short length-wise, but span a couple of hours time. Children have no qualms over taking great amounts of time to explore every nook and cranny of a small area, discovering the hidden jewels many adults would overlook. They seem to intrinsically know that, in the natural world, we can experience God's goodness, and truly "taste and see that the Lord is good."

2 comments:

Martha said...

Truly He is Risen! It is awesome how many wonderful things God created in nature... I am so glad you commented on my blog, so I could read yours...my email address is: mama_marfa@yahoo.com

peterfam said...

Hi Stephanie! Great to hear from you! I am glad you found my blog again and contacted us! I am excited about homeschooling Lincoln, and You were one of the people I though of ( I did a mental checklist of all the people I know who homeschool) and was wondering how you were doing. Its going well so far although we've only been homeschooling him for a week, I already am noticing some behavior problems subsiding. Which was the biggest reason for pulling him out in the first place. So I am thrilled...

Well, we will keep our blog somewhat updated with all our moving information! Hope you all are doing well!